Friday, August 16, 2019

Art Doll Conferences


This summer I went to two art doll conferences back to back.  The first one was NIADA (National Institute of American Doll Artists) in Kansas City.  The theme was the Prohibition Era - 1920 - 1933.   Hotel Phillips  was perfect for the theme, having lovely art deco decor.  Gallery night was wonderful, with all the artists present showing their stunning work.  




















New Artist Christine Benjamin

 
New Artist Juliet Pelukh
I took a mini class with Dustin Poche, which was a lot of fun.  He taught his witch hand armature.  The banquet was lovely, and the souvenir this year was a pin designed by various artists.  I was lucky to receive one designed by Diane Keeler.

Immediately after the NIADA conference I flew to Nashville for the ODACA (Original Doll Artist Council of America) conference at the Gaylord Hotel


New Artist Carol Johansen
New Aritst Esther Manso

The luncheon was fun, with a great presentation by Betsy Baker.  There were loads of "helper" donations, for which you could buy tickets and hope to win.  I donated a doll "Dreaming of Heaven", which was won by my friend and fellow doll artist Joyce Patterson.



I made table favors for those sitting at my table.  Mini Matryoshkas.
 

The conference theme was Making Waves.  The luncheon centerpieces were made by Charlie Patricolo.  One lucky person from each table won one.

The souvenir dolls were made by Barbara Schoenoff.
 

The sales room was packed.

 

 

 

 















No comments:

Post a Comment