Monday, August 29, 2011

Pumpkin Men

My website has been updated and I would love it if you would take a look when you have a moment. New work includes some framed hanging pieces, a couple of vintage bathing beauties, and my love affair with silk fusion continues…. www.janetbodin.com

 
I am holed up in the studio these days working on some fall projects, which is a good place to be in this 100 degree weather we are having here in Texas. I’d like to think working on pumpkin men and leaf elves will hasten the arrival of fall! I’m preparing for a Fall Open House October 2 at Lucia’s Garden in Houston. I was thrilled to be invited to show my art dolls at this beautiful little shop on West Alabama. http://www.luciasgarden.com/about.htm

 
Work in progress:


Dyeing Fabric for Pumpkin Men


Beginning to Sculpt Pumpkin Head

Sculpted Head Covered with Orange Cotton Lycra

Painted Features


Stitching the Head on the Body


Stitching the Stem on the Head




















3 comments: