Wednesday, July 6, 2011

American Heritage Awards

Last week Bob and I traveled to Washington DC.  I was honored by the DAR at the 2011 Continental Congress with two awards.  I had entered  "Thy Word" in the American Heritage exhibit a few months ago and was stunned to find out that I won first place in the doll category!


I received this award on Wednesday morning, then on Wednesday evening we watched the opening ceremony at Constitution Hall.  It was filled with pageantry:  every state flag, the Marine Corps band, a stage full of dignitaries.....


On Friday morning I received the Evelyn Cole Peters award, "Best in Show" for the craft category.  It was an amazing honor!


Before and after and in between we saw the sights and visited friends.
We had a great time.  I found out that the Original Doll Artist Council of America conference will be held in DC in 2013 - I can't wait to come back!



No comments:

Post a Comment