Monday, February 8, 2010

Vintage Valentine

I've been going through old photos lately and came across this one of me as a little girl.  I've hardly changed a bit - lol! 


I found one of my mother that I especially love.  This is her high school graduation picture.  When I was a little girl my grandmother had this photo in her bedroom and I thought my mother looked so glamorous!
I have Mom's old charm bracelet, which is a collection of hearts.  When she was a girl all the girls had them and they would give each other heart charms with their names or initials engraved on the back, as a token of friendship.  I thought it would be fun to wear it as a necklace this Valentine's Day, so I added some ribbon to the clasps so lengthen it.

I also decorated the house this weekend for Valentine's Day.  I put a couple of paper dolls on the bookshelf.

"Love Mermaid"

             "Secret Sky Angel"     
        
"Heart of My Heart" on the side table


"Love Unmasked" on the mantle

"Valentina" and the Valentine tree
                                
Photos of my Darling Daughters

.....and the front door.

1 comment:

  1. I see the family resemblance!

    Love your Valentine's decor. Guess I had better put mine out before the holiday is over.

    ReplyDelete