Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ADAA Conference

I just got back from the All Dolls Are Art Conference in Austin, TX.  TAODA had several tables in the vendor area with lots of wonderful dolls for sale by Neva Waldt, Marlene Slobin, Tina Forester, Adriana Esqueda, Annette Money, Theresa May, Karin Otto-Burfict, and others.  I had to get one of Neva's little flower peeps - he's adorable!
His little head pops up out of the flower - too cute!

I also purchased some great fabrics, trims and doodads from everybody's favorite gypsy, Pamela Armas.  Of course Pamela and her Treasures of the Gypsy booth will be here in Houston in November for the Houston International Quilt Festival.  I always make a bee-line straight to her booth on preview night!

I got some neat things from Jeweled Treasures (also coming to Houston for IQF in November!):  some little blown glass baubles (don't know what I will do with those yet), some wire mesh ribbon, and other little treasures.....

Goodies from Jeweled Treasures

Lauren Vlcek had a great booth with patterns, supplies, and some wonderful cloth nesting dolls.  Of course they don't really nest, but are varying sizes and shaped like the Russian nesting dolls. I couldn't resist.....

Lauren does wonderful faces as you can see.  Lauren taught a class at the conference and I peeked in to see some fantastic butterfly fairies in progress.  I also got to peek in another class being taught by Lisa Renner, who does really interesting work. 

Last, but not least, I picked up some black and white striped fabric from Barb's Quilt Nook which will be perfect for some Halloween dolls I'm working on.

I'm so glad I attended.  It was a fun day.  I saw lots of friends, old and new, and even one I hadn't seen in many years - the wonderful and talented Annie Hess!  Amy Nelson did a wonderful job organizing the conference and says that she already has plans in place for next year's conference at the same location.


No comments:

Post a Comment