Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring!

Last week was Spring Break!  My girls and I went to Galveston for a few days - we picked the best ones!  You never know what you are going to get with the weather mid March.  We had gorgeous weather for the beach. :) 

Christina and Sabrina

   Christina in the kitchen

Christina's back at UT now.  But she'll be home again for Easter - I hope!

Rosie and I went to the Bayou City Art Festival yesterday.  Also perfect weather! 
There were some interesting performers......

Tree Man


Stilt Walker and Dancer

There was a figurative artist named Joan Rasmussen from Atlanta who allowed me to take a photo of her booth.
This photo doesn't do justice to her work - it's wonderful!  See it here:

We also found a wonderful fiber artist from New Orleans named Kate Beck.  She has the most beautiful shawls and scarves!  I had to have one of her scarves......

Here I am wearing my beautiful new hand dyed scarf with flowers

Rosie bought one of her flower hair clips and here it is in her gorgeous curls:

Kate Beck also sells her work through Dutch Alley Artist's Co-op in the French Quarter, New Orleans.



No comments:

Post a Comment